Who we are
Established in 2008, Burns Violence Survivors-Nepal (BVS–Nepal) is a not for profit non-governmental organisation.
- violence such as attempted homicide using kerosene or acid,
- attempted suicide (self-immolation) which often stems from domestic violence.
Our primary objectives are:
- To improve the delivery of burns care in Nepal by establishing a network of countrywide hospitals providing a collaborative approach to medical treatment, psychosocial care and nutrition.
- To rehabilitate and empower survivors by devising and implementing a holistic plan to assist in recovery.
- To raise awareness and educate the public with the aim of reducing the occurrence of burns violence and accidental burns.
BVS-Nepal’s ethos is one of partnership. We aim to strengthen our relationships, and share experiences and knowledge of best practice. BVS has an established network of partners that collaborate in the implementation of our programmes, particularly in Kathmandu, Banke and Dhanusa districts in the Terai. Partners include, the government, institutional donors (UN Women, DFID), INGO's (Acid Survivors Trust International) and local NGO's (Saathi, Forum for Women, Law and Development (FWLD), FEDO,Voice of Children (VOC), Shakti Samuha, Fatima Foundation, Awaaj, CAP Nepal, Pairavi Nepal Kapilbastu, and Handicraft International).
BVS - Nepal Board
BVS-Nepal is governed by a seven member-board, which meets regularly to provide policy and program guidelines.
- Ms. Sulakshana Rana – President
- Ms. Kohinoor Dahal – Vice President
- M. Samir Raj Gautam – Treasurer
- Ms. Bishaka Shah - General Secretary
- Ms. Samjhana Kachyapati – Member
- Ms. Agya Pandey - Member
- Ms. Urvashi Rana – Member
Board of Advisors
- Dr. Piyush Dahal - Surgeon BIR Hospital, Kathmandu.
- Sister Nara Devi - Sister in charge, BIR Hospital, Kathmandu.
- Dr. Chaudhary - Consultant Paediatric Surgeon, Kanti Children's Hospital, Kathmandu.
- Dr. Raju Raj Pandey - Plastic Surgeon, ASPATAL, Harrisiddhi, Lalitpur.
- Ms. Pramada Shah - Advisor.
- Ms. Wendy Marston - Advisor.
- Ms. Alison Marston - Advisor.
- Rumi Rajbhandari - Program Coordinator
- Sunaina Singh Shrestha- Reintegration Officer
- Hira Bhandari Pokhrel - Program Officer
- Rupa Dali Shrestha - Finance Officer.
- Abita Karki - Field Officer ( Kathmandu/ Lalitpur)
- Simran KC - Office assistant
- Surendra Karki - Field Officer (Nepalgunj)
- Siya Saheli Kumari Sah - Field Officer (Janakpur)
- Bir Bahadur Lama - Counsellor
- Narayan Bahadur Sharma - Counsellor
- Padma Ghimire - Counsellor
- Minakshi Rana - Counsellor
- Bibek Ghimire - Physiotherapist
- Bir Hospital, Kathmandu Nepal
- Trauma Center, Kathmandu Nepal
- Kanti Children Hospital, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Teaching Hospital, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Nepal Medical College, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Kathmandu Medical College, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Kathmandu Model Hospital, Kirtipur, Lalitpur
- Nepal Plastic Surgery Aspatal, Harisiddhi, Lalitpur
- Sushma Koirala Memorial Hospital, Sankhu, Kathmandu
- Nepalgunj Medical College, Nepalgunj.
- Bheri Zonal Hospital, Nepalgunj.
- Janakpur Zonal Hospital, Janakpur.
- Janaki Healthcare, Dhanusha.
- Jaleshwor District Hospital, Dhanusha.
- SAATHI, Kathmandu, Nepal
- C.H.A.N.C.E for Nepal,Shenpen Monastery Kathmandu, Nepal
- Help Society Nepal, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Legal Aid and Consultancy Centre (LACC), Kathmandu, Nepal
- Forum for Women, Law and Development (FWLD), Kathmandu, Nepal
- Shakti Samuha, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Pairavi Nepal, Kapilavastu, Nepal
- Sancharika Samuha, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Association of Community Radio Broadcast Nepal (ACORAB),Kathmandu, Nepal
- Women Rehabilitation Centre (WOREC), Kathmandu, Nepal